Construction Superintendent – Gainesville
The Superintendent is responsible for field operations on the project(s) assigned in order to achieve timely and profitable completion of each project. The Superintendent directly supervises field labor force. This position must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
- Direct day-to-day on-site supervision of field labor force
- Inspection of Contractor or (Sub)Contract operations to ensure compliance with Contract
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of Owner and Architect/Engineer
- Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Project Manager
- Conduct quality inspections
- Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts
- Monitor costs, including labor time and material
- Manage schedules
- Prepare and submit Daily Reports
- Attend and participate in project meetings, including subcontractor meetings
- Junior College or Vocational education desired
- OSHA certification
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Ability to receive JLA background check approval to work on school grounds
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good math/accounting skills
- Strong management skills
- Strong ability to read drawings and specifications
- Delegates work appropriately
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Able to maintain a professional appearance on job site
- Experience working at the University of Florida is a plus.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Foresight Construction Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.