Construction Superintendent – Jacksonville
The Superintendent is responsible for field operations on the project(s) assigned to achieve safe, timely and profitable completion of each project. The Superintendent directly supervises field trade and labor forces. This position must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills. Professional and ethical presentation at all times.
- Direct day-to-day on-site supervision of field labor force
- Inspection of Contractor and (Sub)Contract operations to ensure compliance with Contract Documents
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of Owner and Architect/Engineer
- Develop and maintain site safety plan
- Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Project Manager
- Conduct safety and quality inspections
- Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts
- Monitor costs, including labor time and material
- Manage progress to meet project schedule requirements
- Prepare and submit Daily Reports
- Conduct, attend and participate in project meetings, including subcontractor meetings
- 5+ years of Commercial or Federal (DoD) construction industry experience as Superintendent
- Minimum OSHA 30 certification
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Ability to obtain Federal base access and Jessica Lunsford Act approval to work on school grounds
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with requirements Building Codes, drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to read drawings and specifications
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills
- Excellent time management, scheduling and organizational skills
- Junior College or Vocational education a plus
- Experience working with NAVFAC, USACE or other Foresight target clients within Jacksonville, FL area is a plus.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Please send cover letter and resume to HR@foresightcgi.com
Foresight Construction Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.