Director of Preconstruction Services – Gainesville
Directs and supervises activities related to Preconstruction, including conceptual estimates, design (associated with Design-Build projects), constructability reviews, value engineering, bid estimates, proposal efforts, and other deliverables. Align with Market Vice Presidents and Estimators to deliver quality, end-to-end Preconstruction services across multiple projects, offices, and markets.
This position will develop and maintain relationships with subcontractors, A&E companies, and assist in the pursuit and development of new project opportunities.
- Have ultimate accountability for all preconstruction efforts produced by all business units. Responsible for ensuring adherence to subcontractor prequalification requirements prior to the award of any subcontract. Review and ensure accuracy of all deliverables during the preconstruction process. Coordinate with the preconstruction and project teams to provide Constructability Reviews during all phases of design and produce and maintain detailed preconstruction schedules from schematic design phase to construction phase. Ensure that all projects hold a Preconstruction hand off meeting to ensure proper transition to Operations team. Develops and maintains adequate historical databases that enhance/improve the consistency, effectiveness, and efficiency of preconstruction services.
- Review conceptual and programmatic design documents to determine both the nature and scope of the work to be performed; prepare accurate conceptual budgets based on the nature and extent of the scope of work, including directing design effort to minimize costs while meeting project requirements.
- In support of the operations team, actively participates in the buyout process to ensure a timely buyout process.
- Develop and maintain relationships with subcontractors and A&E companies. Actively participate in meetings with owners and A&E companies during development of the design. Support Business Development in the maintenance of customer relationships and in support of specific project pursuits. The Director of Preconstruction will offer technical expertise and advice during the entire timeline from opportunity, to pursuit, and execution of awarded projects.
- Recruit and develop employees: Conduct quarterly performance feedback sessions, including goal setting and development plans, for all estimators. Implement training and development programs to improve the preconstruction process and individual development of all direct reports and other personnel involved in preconstruction efforts. In conjunction with HR and Market Vice Presidents, lead the recruiting efforts associated with estimating department resources.
- Serve as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Bachelor of Science degree in construction management, estimating, architecture, engineering or other related degree.
- Minimum 8 years’ applicable estimating, design management and/or construction management experience working for a GC/CM on commercial construction projects.
- Minimum of 15 years in construction industry experience (preferably in commercial/institutional market).
- Extensive experience managing design, estimating, and project management associated with Design-Build projects.
- Software skills in Primavera Scheduling, ProEst or other estimating software, Procore or other bid solicitation software, On-Screen Takeoff, BIM/Autodesk, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) programs.
- Extensive knowledge of construction costs and design/build engineering principles.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, controlled sense of urgency, and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Must be confident leading estimating teams of varying sizes, and be capable of leading hard bid, negotiated and conceptual projects.
- Must possess strong communication/interpersonal skills and be confident in his/her ability to develop and manage the entire preconstruction process; must have effective presentation skills.
- Strong leadership/coaching skills and the ability to influence others to ensure high performing teams.
- Ability to travel regularly to other offices and project sites.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short / Long Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- 401 (k)
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Please send cover letter and resume to HR@foresightcgi.com
Foresight Construction Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.