Estimator – Gainesville
- Develop project budgets, scope, scheduling, subcontractor bidding, bid qualifying, and recommendations for contractor awards.
- Analyze RFPs to determine the potential project’s scope and cost.
- Solicit subcontractors for estimates specific to their trade, determine what permits are required and set budgets with NTE amounts.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identify potential risks and savings opportunities
- Budgets, estimates and prepares contracts for negotiated, select-bid and hard-bid projects.
- Manages a database of qualified subcontractors capable of worksite completion
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and site visits
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop strong subcontractor relationships
- Maintain subcontractor qualified bidders list
- Develop RFIs
- Bachelor of Science degree in construction management, estimating, architecture, engineering or other related degree
- Software skills in Primavera Scheduling, ProEst or other estimating software, Procore or other bid solicitation software, On-Screen Takeoff, BIM/Autodesk, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) programs. Possess at least seven (5) years employed experience with a general contractor, with at least three (3) years of service dedicated to preconstruction
- Knowledge of construction costs and design/build engineering principles
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, controlled sense of urgency, and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Please send cover letter and resume to HR@foresightcgi.com
Foresight Construction Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.