Operations Manager – Jacksonville
Senior Company Manager delegated the overall profit/loss responsibility for a portfolio of projects, beginning in the PreCon phase. Company’s principal project contact with clients and architects. In addition to project responsibilities participates in the overall management of the operations group, assists in developing training programs, coordinates with HR in the interviewing/hiring and staff selection process.
- Take an active role in the PreCon and Business Development activities of the Company. Help prepare and participate in presentations to owners and architects. Provide operations input in preparation of project estimates.
- Review and redline 75% contract drawings. Assist in subcontractor selection. Review scope of subcontract bid packages prepared by PreCon. Write, negotiate, and finalize subcontracts. Oversee development of project schedule. Allocate project budget. Participate in negotiation of owner contract.
- Assure all reports required of the project, daily, weekly and monthly are prepared and submitted when due, and all project files and correspondence are prepared and maintained in accordance with Company processes and procedures.
- Utilize the financial measurement systems and personal observations of the project site to determine the financial, cash flow, cost reports and projections produced by the Project Management Team are accurate. Work with the Project Team to develop and implement remedies to address cost overruns, either current or projected.
- Oversee the change order procedure. Assure all potential change orders are documented properly and promptly communicated to the owner. Through applicable knowledge of the owner contract, assure all change orders are prepared in the proper format and submitted in accordance with contract terms. Where necessary, assist the Project Manager in presenting change orders to the owner.
- Within the parameters of the owner and sub contracts, pursue every opportunity to enhance the Company’s fee.
- Through review of project reports and personal observations determine whether the project is on or ahead of schedule. If the project is behind, schedule work with the Project Team to develop and implement remedies to bring the project back to schedule and communicate same to the owner.
- Through personal project sight observations and review of applicable reports assure that the means and methods of construction utilized on the project are compatible with the quality standards of the Company.
- Monitor buy out and material purchases, submittals and deliveries to assure the field supervision has the work force and materials they require to keep the project on schedule.
- Assist in staffing the project through participation in recruiting and interviewing new hire and transfer candidates. Assure the work assignments delegated to the various project personnel meet both the needs of the project and allow the employee to reach their full potential. Assess the capabilities of each staff member and develop and implement on-the-job and other training programs designed to improve their performance.
- Serve as a role model to the project staff in personal demeanor and behavior. Be sure all project staff members conduct the Company’s business in a dignified and professional manner.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with owner and architect representatives. Respond promptly to their calls, letters and emails. Communicate any matter that would materially affect the cost or schedule of their project. Secure final payment and letter of recommendation from the owner.
- Develop and maintain professional relationship with subcontractors and vendors.
- Assure all applicable Company policies and procedures are implemented on the project. These include and are not limited to; Loss Control/Safety, HR, EEO/Harassment, Project Management Systems and other items found in the Operations Manual and other applicable documents.
- Identify Project Managers, Superintendents or other staff members who have a higher potential. Work with HR to develop and implement training and development programs to prepare them for promotion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Construction or Engineering preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Fifteen (15) years of applicable construction experience, with at least five (5) years at the Sr. Project Manager or Sr. Superintendent level.
- Strong analytical and mathematic skills. Basic knowledge of Company’s operations accounting system.
- Applicable knowledge of Project Management and Critical Path Scheduling System.
- Demonstrated skills in the means and methods of construction, sequence and quality of work.
- Effective communication, presentation and meeting management skills.
- Applicable knowledge of the basic principles of management – delegation, prioritization, conflict resolution, problem solving, team building and subordinate development.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short / Long Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- 401 (k)
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Please send cover letter, resume and project list to include dates, locations of projects and dollar values to HR@foresightcgi.com
Foresight Construction Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.