Senior Estimator – Gainesville
The Sr. Estimator is responsible for review of project prints and RFP’s to determine the potential project’s scope and cost. Must solicit sub-contractors for estimates specific to their trade, determine what permits are required and set budgets with NTE amounts. Responsible to develop project budgets, scope, scheduling, subcontractor bidding, bid qualifying, and recommendations for contractor awards.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Budgets, estimates and prepares contracts for negotiated, select-bid and hard-bid projects.
- Manages a database of qualified subcontractors capable of worksite completion
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Building Construction, Building Science, or other equivalent construction program.
- Possess strong mathematical and computer skills. Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel,Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities
- Possess at least seven (7) years employed experience with a general contractor, with at least three (3) years of service dedicated to preconstruction
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Foresight Construction Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.