Construction Superintendent (Jacksonville, FL)
About the Position:
We are searching for a Project Superintendent who has a passion and desire to improve the lives of others. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring project success by leading and managing the on-site project team.
As a Project Superintendent, you will be assisting the project team by supervising daily job site activities including but not limited to ensuring compliance with owner and subcontractor contracts, monitoring and regulating job site safety standards, and developing and maintaining site logistics.
Foresight is one of the fastest growing construction management firms in Florida with offices in Tampa, Jacksonville, and Gainesville. Our company name is not random – it has purpose and reflects the approach we take to predict, plan, and prepare for success from the start of every project. And we apply this approach to the people we hire – we plan and prepare for your success throughout your entire journey at Foresight. As one of Florida’s Top 100 places to work, we focus on our people by creating growth opportunities for team members and always striving to be the best place to work.
Foresight was established in 2008 and has since transitioned from an emerging startup to an established industry leader with a successful and diverse portfolio across the Southeastern United States and Caribbean. We specialize in serving clients in the government, education, healthcare, transportation, and commercial markets. This diverse experience allows us to see projects from every angle – that’s why leading organizations choose us. This success is directly linked to our people and the Core Values that we look for in every team member: Can-do attitude, Ownership mentality, Responsiveness and Spirit of Excellence. Focusing on putting others first empowers our team to create a better future for the people that work for and with us and the communities we serve. Simply put, our passion is to build a great company marked by a culture of service that improves the lives of others.
- Direct day-to-day on-site supervision and coordination of field labor force
- Inspection of trade partner operations to ensure compliance with owner contract and project plans and specs
- Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Project Manager
- Conduct weekly safety Meetings (Toolbox Talks)
- Conduct quality inspections to ensure OSHA compliance
- Coordinate site testing and inspections
- Manage project schedule to ensure project accuracy
- Prepare and submit Daily Reports
- Attend and participate in project meetings
- Attend subcontractor meetings
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of Owner and Architect/Engineer and trade partners
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Foresight Construction Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.