Senior Estimator (Gainesville, Jacksonville and Tampa, Florida)
Gainesville, Jacksonville and Tampa, Florida
About the Position:
We are searching for an Estimator who has a passion and desire to improve the lives of others. The successful candidate will play a critical role to project and company success by determining potential project scope and cost.
As an Estimator, you will develop project budgets, scope, scheduling, subcontractor bidding, bid qualifying, and recommendations for subcontractor awards.
Foresight is one of the fastest growing construction management firms in Florida with offices in Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Tampa. Our company name is not random – it has purpose and reflects the approach we take to predict, plan, and prepare for success from the start of every project. And we apply this approach to the people we hire – we plan and prepare for your success throughout your entire journey at Foresight. As one of Florida’s Top 100 places to work, we focus on our people by creating growth opportunities for team members and always striving to be the best place to work.
Foresight was established in 2008 and has since transitioned from an emerging startup to an established industry leader with a successful and diverse portfolio across the Southeastern United States and Caribbean. We specialize in serving clients in the government, education, healthcare, transportation, and commercial markets. This diverse experience allows us to see projects from every angle – that’s why leading organizations choose us. This success is directly linked to our people and the Core Values that we look for in every team member: Can-do attitude, Ownership mentality, Responsiveness and Spirit of Excellence. Focusing on putting others first empowers our team to create a better future for the people that work for and with us and the communities we serve. Simply put, our passion is to build a great company marked by a culture of service that improves the lives of others.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Develop rough order of magnitude (ROM) of project to help determine viability based on site visit(s)
- Identify potential risks and savings opportunities
- Budgets, estimates, and provide contract input for negotiated, select-bid and hard-bid projects
- Collaborate with the Marketing team on potential projects that require company or employee qualifications
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements
- Provide input on the development of RFIs
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Develop post-bid analysis to determine future bid strategies
- Create strong and positive relationships with trade partners across all markets
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Foresight Construction Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.